The ReSale store has closed. Thanks to all for your patronage.
Our new office is located at 459 Portland Street in St. Johnsbury. Office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Preserving Home Exteriors and Revitalizing Neighborhoods!
The Home Preservation program offers painting, landscaping and minor repair services to eligible homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. Projects include painting, landscaping, weatherization and minor repair services. How does the program work?
- Habitat selects partner families based on income, need and willingness to partner.
- Habitat affiliates use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the project.
- Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help Home Preservation serve others in need.
Why does Habitat for Humanity offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods are revitalized.
- Community connections are made and solidified.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
In March 2016, the Steering Committee of Habitat in the Northeast Kingdom wrote a three-year strategic plan. This plan focuses on three programs of Habitat for Humanity, International: A Brush with Kindness [home repair and renovation], Aging in Place [retrofitting homes for accessibility], and Home Preservation.
On April 1st, we began accepting applications for these home repair programs for the summer/fall of 2016. Download the Brush with Kindness and Credit application. You can also obtain these applications by calling 802-751-1212.
From May to October, we’ll be repairing, rebuilding, renovating in Caledonia, Essex and Orleans counties. Volunteers are welcome!
This program would not be possible without the generosity of Valspar, the co-founder and underwriter of the Home Preservation program.